available positions at redemption
(click each job title to learn more)
Full-time; salaried; exempt
Sundays 7 am – 3 pm, Monday thru Thursday 9 am – 5pm as well as evenings on the first Wednesday of the month. Additional hours during services and special events, on call 24hrs 7 day per week for emergencies, occasional travel
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Security and Safety for Redemption and it’s subsidiaries will leverage broad business knowledge, extensive subject matter expertise and landmark site experience to collaborate and provide strategic guidance on a wide array of issues including: security risk analysis/mitigation; high profile special events management; design and integration of global security systems; investigations and threat management support; emergency management functions; crime prevention; planning and developing effective programs and safeguards; employee and visitor management; multi-site security and VIP protection; law enforcement liaison; contract services management; organizational development; management of emergency operations; and other duties as designated.
The position leads the efforts to ensure the physical safety and security of all Redemption facilities; personal protection of our employees, contractors, and guests; and takes lead role in emergency management/operations continuity planning.
- High School diploma or equivalent with some college preferred with a minimum 10 years of experience in corporate security/safety leadership and strong working knowledge of pertinent law and the law enforcement community
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- L.E.D certified or eligible for certification
- Experience hiring, supervising, and developing employees
- Demonstrated proficiency in communications, specifically with customer relations and incident reports
- Demonstrated ability to perform with limited supervision and to remain calm and make rational decisions in crisis situations
- Experience in successfully communicating or presenting to all levels of the organization, including briefing executive management on status of security/safety issues
- Strong leadership, partnership, collaboration and influencing skills
- Submit to and pass a detailed background investigation
- Ability to handle confidential matters with the utmost discretion
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, nights and weekends
- 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, in order to be alert to potential unsecure/unsafe situations.
- Hearing ability to detect minor sounds/disturbances, as well as hear over a telephone or hand held radio.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Must be able to drive a vehicle (thus meeting drivers licensing physical requirements)
- Physical ability to lift up to 150 pounds on an as needed basis
- Occasionally required to bend, jump, twist at the waist, reach over the head with both arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and to navigate uneven terrain for the purpose of investigating ill-defined and unexpected situations (for example, climbing a fence or crawling through a window)
- Frequently required to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time (greater than an hour per task), in order to patrol property, maintain security post and/or sit at a desk to type reports
- Engage in occasional, sudden exertion, such as running or restraining persons. Use physical agility and strength to defend self and detain persons using force, if necessary.
- Use of hands and fingers and sufficient manual dexterity to operate communication equipment, such as, but not limited to, computer keyboard and door locks
- Requirement to speak clearly and yell forcefully, for example being able to communicate over noisy environments
- Must have the manual dexterity required to effectively utilize a firearm
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the REDEMPTION employee handbook.
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of REDEMPTION.
- Strive to display professionalism and moral conduct becoming of a Church/Christian environment.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer in all areas as required.
- Site Security and Safeguarding of our People and our Assets: coordinate and implement physical site security plans and operations to ensure protection of employees, visitors, vendors, assets, and infrastructure.
- Develop an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the organization. Protection responsibilities include workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, and emergency protocols (e.g., disaster recovery, communication alerts, and employee safety verification procedures).
- Engage in training and certification protocols when necessary to address specified risks. Ensure that employees receive regular communications regarding safety issues, threats, and developments.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security and relevant intelligence community agencies.
- Partner on investigations regarding security threats and potential unlawful activity. Collaborate closely with the other relevant departments (e.g., Legal, IT, Human Resources) regarding these matters.
- Solicit and recommend approval of relevant materials and service contracts.
- Lead the Security teams and staff.
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security, including crisis response scenario planning, and implementation of regular, periodic training of relevant staff in crisis response drills.
- Administer and oversee security and related contracts.
- Ensure compliance with and maintain records regarding SLED Regulations, OSHA, etc.
- Exercise independent judgment in the implementation and enforcement of laws, regulations, and policies.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct security and safety programs to include loss prevention, parking/traffic control, patrolling of physical property, enforcement of S.C. state statues, Redemption policies, inspection of facilities, and investigation of criminal acts.
- Develop and implement workplace safety procedures.
- Ensure compliance with occupational safety and health standards, Redemption policies, procedures, and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Conduct follow-up investigations of reports of criminal activities and violations of safety standards.
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Monday-Thursday 9:00am-2:30pm; hours may vary depending on projects and meeting schedules
Provide administrative support to the Asheville Campus Pastor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative support role
- Professional or volunteer experience in a ministry setting preferred
- Provide own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner
- Self-motivated with capability to work with little or no supervision and accept constructive criticism as given
- Desire to be an integral part of a team and work together to accomplish goals
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time & make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment (printers, fax, copiers, scanners, cutting machinery)
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the Redemption employee handbook.
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of Redemption.
- Strive to display professionalism and moral conduct becoming of a church environment.
- Assist the Campus Pastor with daily administrative tasks such as answering and returning phone calls, responding to emails, making copies, printing materials, etc.
- Coordinate local meetings and events that involve the Campus Pastor.
- Prepare for meetings involving the Campus Pastor and/or Team Leaders.
- Update the campus bulletin each week.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records with Redemption’s Accounting Department.
- Ensure each Team Leader has what they need from the office for Sundays and special events, such as printed material, supplies, mail, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized office area.
- Go on errands as needed to pick up office supplies, go to Post Office, etc.
- Work independently and anticipate work based on prior requests and instructions.
- Review, correct, & approve all time cards for Asheville campus employees.
- Assist Campus Pastor with other projects as assigned.
Full time; hourly, non-exempt
Sunday; 6:00am – 6:00pm, Tuesday; 8:00am – 3:00pm, Wednesday 8:00am – 12:00pm, 4:00pm – 10pm (1st Wednesday of every month only) Thursday; 8:00am – 6:00pm and additional hours as needed for Special Events and Conferences.
Provide high-quality food, excellent customer service and a clean and friendly environment in Redemption’s Higher Grounds Cafe.
Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience; minimum of 2 years experience in restaurant setting; ability to work in a fast paced environment; working knowledge of operating/handling commercial kitchen equipment; familiarity with DHEC regulations for restaurants preferred.
- Prepare all meals for weekly church services and special events
- Maintain cleanliness of all commercial kitchen equipment & stock room
- Assist with food inventory process and unloading deliveries each week
- Comply with all DHEC regulations and recommendations concerning safe food preparation, handling, and storage
- Assist Food Services Director with other projects as assigned
- Work independently with little or no supervision and accept constructive criticism
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
Part-time working less than 20 hours per week; hourly, non-exempt
Various classrooms and work schedules
Work scheduled will be determined by the assigned service(s) as indicated plus additional hours for Special Events as needed
- At least 18 years of age with satisfactory completion of a nationwide criminal background check and reference check
- Passion for Preschool Ministry with 6 months of previous volunteer or work experience in a day care, church nursery, Children’s Ministry or other childcare program
- Active member of Redemption preferred
- Ability to read and teach from a prescribed curriculum
- Willingness to minister, sing, play, create crafts and interact positively with children
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills, especially in dealing with parents and caregivers
- Understanding of basic first aid and child/infant CPR preferred
To ensure the safety and care of all children attending our Preschool classrooms while sharing the love of Christ through Bible lessons, songs, interactive play and ministry.
Sunday; 6:30am – 4:30pm, Tuesday; 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Wednesday 12:00pm – 4:00pm, 4:00pm – 10pm (1st Wednesday of every month only) Thursday; 1:00pm – 4:00pm and additional hours as needed for Special Events and Conferences.
Provide good food, excellent customer service and a clean and friendly environment in the Higher Grounds Café.
High school diploma or equivalent; skilled in proper dishwashing technique; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; prior volunteer service in RWOC’s Higher Grounds Café preferred.
- Assist with washing and putting away all dished used during the shift
- Clean café tables, chairs, and floors as needed
- Clean serving bar area frequently
- Assist with washing and rying solied aprons, table cloths, dish cloths, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of all commercial kitchen equipment & stock room (i.e. deep fryer, ice machine, refrigerator, freezers, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs; must possess proper hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen
- Assist with special events, conferences and banquets as needed
- Assist Food Services Director with other projects as assigned
Redemption is an equal opportunity employer. The most qualified person will be selected for any available position regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, or any physical or mental handicap. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions. Redemption reserves the right to give special consideration for employment to members of the church.