Administrative Assistant to Hospitality Department Head
Position: Administrative Assistant to Hospitality Department Head
Report To: Hospitality Department Head
Hours: 29 hours per week (Sunday – Thursday)
Assist Hospitality Department Head with Administrative Responsibilities
Submitted and committed to the vision of Redemption Church. Good organizational and communication skills; attention to details; able to handle information with confidentiality. Ability to relate well with pastoral staff, ministry leaders, co-workers, volunteers, visitors, outside vendors and members. Looking for great attitude, teachable, and someone that is willing to be flexible in the midst of change in a fast paced environment.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the REDEMPTION employee handbook;
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of REDEMPTION and the Hospitality Department
- Strive to display professionalism and moral conduct becoming of a church environment.
- Use detailed and professional communication in all areas
- Ability to construct documents that are grammatically correct and proofread prior to sending out
- Willing to speak up when you need help or have questions about a specific task or project that has been assigned to you
- Meets deadlines on time and communicates roadblocks effectively
- Submit Purchase Requests Forms, files expense reports and manage all financial needs of Hospitality
- Shipping and receiving packages for Hospitality for other departments or our own use and handle deliveries
- Assist Department Head with tracking and inputting information into CCB and Excel for new volunteers coming from Growth Track.
- Manage and track inventory of all RedWest Hospitality. This includes but is not limited to placing orders for supplies, organizing kitchen area, supply closets, and managing inventory of all items at RedWest
- Create and maintain a system that ensures we have waivers on file for all outdoor vendors and volunteers participating in a Lounge & Hospitality related events.
- Manage administrative responsibilities and be available for ALL special events such as conferences, holidays and special celebrations. Help with ensuring that the Hospitality team is covered and is fully functional with team members and hospitality needs/requests during the special event. Location may vary from Green Room, Pastoral Suite, & VIP area – build a team that can cover all areas needed.
- Help create a budget with the help of the Department Head that includes vendors and supplies, communicating with outside vendors and communicating with Department head on any questions or concerns throughout the process.
- Manage and maintain kitchen and all storing areas as clean and functional for all volunteers and attendees to enjoy
- Help set up for different department and staff events and provide the different needs for food/beverages and snacks for any other RedWest related event or needs.
- Submit and manage Work Requests to the facilities department
- Be a team player. Be willing to step in and support other teams within the department or organization as a whole. This may include but is not limited to helping out on Sundays where needed, assisting with Hospitality related needs for the Green Rooms and assisting Hospitality areas to be covered as a whole
- Take notes during Team Meetings and assist Department Head in following up on action items.
- Attend all mandatory Staff events and meetings required by leadership of Redemption.
- You may also be asked to attend various meetings with your Department Head to take notes and assist. You should be able to maintain a level of professionalism and confidentiality in these meetings depending on the sensitivity of the subject matter being discussed.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.