Position: Administrative Assistant
Report To: Pastoral Care Department Director
Classifications: Part-Time, Non-Exempt; Approximately 20-24 hours per week
Hours: Office: Sundays 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. Flexibility to work additional days/hours as needed for special events and conferences including nights and weekends, as workload requires.
Redemption Church, formerly Redemption World Outreach Center (RWOC), founded in 1991 by Pastors Hope and Ron Carpenter with a campus in San Jose CA and Greenville SC. As a multi-cultural church, we are a magnificent tapestry of people uniting together, furthering the Kingdom through powerful Christ-centered worship and Biblical preaching. At both of our Redemption locations you’ll experience Godly teaching, powerful worship, exciting events, and opportunities to grow in the word and serve.
To provided administrative support to the Pastoral Care Department Director and Development/Visitation Pastor, other staff members, DREAM TEAM, and Captains of the Pastoral Care Ministries and Development Courses of Redemption.
- Submitted and committed to the vision of Redemption.
- Good organizational and communication skills; attention to details; able to handle information with confidentiality.
- Impeccable and effective follow up skills.
- Ability to relate well with pastoral staff, ministry leaders, co-workers, dream teamers, visitors, and congregants.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, Projects, and Outlook. Microsoft Teams data storage experience is helpful.
- Organize and schedule meetings for Pastoral Care Department and Director.
- Able to lift 10-20 lbs.
- Able to walk up and downstairs with various supplies
- Stand and sit repetitively for sanctuary readiness
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the Redemption employee handbook
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of Redemption
- Walk in a daily relationship with the Lord and be Christ-like at all times; and
- Humbly support and maintain overall unity within the entire offices and membership of Redemption.
- Assist the Director and staff with various clerical and administrative duties, including handling telephone messages, emails, and correspondence, make copies, order ministry supplies, marketing requests, complete requests from accounting, etc.
- Coordinate all appointments including visitations, dream teamers, and dream team leadership, maintain a calendar and provide reminders of all daily commitments.
- Monitor, track, call, and pray for Prayer Hotline messages requests, 1:1 ministry, and hospital visits, in home visits.
- Coordinate and provide administrative support, class registration within CCB, course certificates and materials, purchasing, greeting/hosting, and logistical support for allDevelopment Courses.
- Input monthly serving schedules for all DREAM TEAMS within Pastoral Care. Train DREAM TEAM in internal processes and systems when needed.
- Help oversee DREAM TEAM of volunteers and course leadership.
- Assist the Director with other ministry functions, administrative duties or activities as assigned as not limited to mentioned above.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.