Church IT Support Tech
Position: Church IT Support Tech
Report To: IT Service Director, Robert Cuyar
Classifications: Part-Time, Hourly
Hours: 20 hours per week
Redemption Church, formerly Redemption World Outreach Center (RWOC), founded in 1991 by Pastors Hope and Ron Carpenter with a campus in San Jose CA and Greenville SC. As a multi-cultural church, we are a magnificent tapestry of people uniting together, furthering the Kingdom through powerful Christ-centered worship and Biblical preaching. At both of our Redemption locations you’ll experience Godly teaching, powerful worship, exciting events, and opportunities to grow in the word and serve.
Work in conjunction with the local campus Department Head focusing on supporting the IT hardware, software and application needs of Redemption organization. This support includes hand on technical support, process improvement and training of the IT community.
- Associate degree in Information Technology or related field.
- A+ Certification (preferred)
- 0 – 2 Years’ supporting PC hardware/software, including \ peripherals maintenance, deployment, and installation skills.
- Strong Window 10 OS and MacOS
- Ability to support Printer/Scanners/Copiers
- Ability to troubleshoot in-person and remotely
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong Microsoft OS and Office products skills
- Knowledge of troubleshooting for TCP/IP networking and wireless connectivity required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the Redemption Church employee handbook
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of Redemption Church
- Strive to display professionalism and moral conduct becoming of a church environment
- Provide support to monitor, install and perform maintenance on personal computers, laptop computers and software
- Provide support in responding to Redemption Church system user requests for assistance
- Provide support for on-the-spot diagnostic evaluations, implementation of corrections, and training users in proper operation of desktop systems and programs
- Provide support to install and provide basic support for approved Redemption Church desktop software; perform upgrades to all computer platforms, required training to office staff on computers
- Physical moving, changing/upgrading, and disposing of computer hardware and software products
- Maintaining virus protection, OS & service packs, general operations, and providing back-up and disaster recovery
- Maintain PC inventory and logs of equipment repairs.
- Assist in administering all computer platforms as directed and in resolving any operations problems
- Assist local campus IT Department Head with other projects as assigned
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
- Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
- Creating user accounts and managing access control based on company policies
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.