Early Childhood Staff Childcare Associate
Position: Early Childhood Staff Childcare Associate
Report To: Early Childhood Department Head
Hours: 29 hours per week
To provide safe, dependable, secure, engaging and nurturing care to Early Childhood aged children of Redemption Staff.
- Submitted and committed to the vision of Redemption.
- Good organizational and communication skills; attention to details; able to handle information with confidentiality.
- Ability to relate well with pastoral staff, ministry leaders, co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and members.
- Great attitude and willing to be flexible in the midst of change
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the REDEMPTION employee handbook;
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of REDEMPTION and the Redemption Kids Department
- Strive to display professionalism and moral conduct becoming of a church environment.
- Support Dept Head in curriculum development and preparation for Redemption Kids Live and iKids while maintaining the culture, vision, goals, and values of Redemption Kids.
- Create a welcoming, safe and fun environment for kids to build relationship with God and others, discover their purpose and learn to walk in Kingdom identity.
- Arrive on time.
- Partner with Lead Staff Childcare Associate and Dept Head to plan and implement activities and opportunities that encourage student’s curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving as well as physical, intellectual, and social growth.
- Partner with Lead Staff Childcare Associate to prepare a classroom setting that is age appropriate.
- Be willing to receive instruction on and contribute to the development of Weekly Lesson plans from Dept Head and Lead Staff Childcare Associate on how these will be fulfilled.
- Care for infants, toddlers and preschool aged children in an age appropriate way which includes but is not limited to feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the restroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
- Establish positive and ongoing communication with children and staff.
- Assist in observing, assessing, recording, and identifying the needs of each child and plan for the child’s growth.
- Write children’s assessments and give parents daily reports.
- Implement current Health Standards Policy.
- Maintain Clean Environment for children.
- Be a problem solver and take initiative within the classroom to ensure lesson plans and schedules are carried out.
- Have exceptional communication, teaching and interpersonal skills.
- Have a joyful demeanor and attitude with Staff, children and families.
- Follow health and safety protocol, complete Incident/Accident Report and submit to proper authorities in accordance with Redemption policy
- Help on Sundays in Redemption Kids Live services as needed.
- Attend required staff meetings during the week and assist with preparation of supplies and curriculum materials throughout the week as needed.
- Attend all special events and assist when needed.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.