First Impressions Captain
Position: First Impressions Captain
Report To: Pastoral Care Department Head
Classifications: Part-Time, Hourly; Non-Exempt Status
Pay Range: $17.00 – $20.00 hourly depending on experience
Hours: Sunday Only; Up to 6 hours per week with potentially additional hours as needed for special events and conferences.
Redemption Church, formerly Redemption World Outreach Center (RWOC), founded in 1991 by Pastors Hope and Ron Carpenter with a campus in San Jose CA and Greenville SC. As a multi-cultural church, we are a magnificent tapestry of people uniting together, furthering the Kingdom through powerful Christ-centered worship and Biblical preaching. At both of our Redemption locations you’ll experience Godly teaching, powerful worship, exciting events, and opportunities to grow in the word and serve.
Execute First Impressions through representing Redemption’s culture, visible, welcoming posture to set the environment as a Redemption branding ambassador and standard bearer in the sanctuary. Assist in executing directives from First Impression Pastor, managing usher leads and team
- Submitted and committed member of REDEMPTION
- Minimum of 2 years prior volunteer experience and training in the Usher or ministry of helps
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters with extreme discretion
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the REDEMPTION employee handbook and as set forth by the Senior Pastors, Executive Pastor and Senior Elder;
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of REDEMPTION;
- Walk in a daily relationship with the Lord and be Christ-like at all times;
- Provide guidance to the Usher Leads and Usher Team to execute directives from First Impression Pastor and Pastoral Care Department Director as directed.
- When necessary, provide training and recruiting for Usher Team.
- Assist in leading the team in providing a warm, welcoming postured reception to all entering the sanctuary with smiles, handshakes, and friendly greetings.
- Responsible for being on time, having all required material for the day, and being in place of position in their assigned zones before the doors of Redemption are opened.
- Assist in directing congregants and visitors on facilities and ministries on campus.
- Manage Usher Leads, and Usher Team. Along with zoning assignments and serving rotations via CCB.
- Management of in-service altar calls, communion, offering, and any other sacerdotal in-service activities. Along with any additional services, events, and conferences.
- Direct the flow of offering and maintain the order of service.
- Gather Sunday weekly attendance count from Usher Leads.
- Assist First Impression Pastor in implementation of seating reservations and signage placement, front row seating, door open/close directive from Production Department Head, as well as other events and specific requests.
- Oversee and manage front row seating for VIP Guests and visitors of Senior Pastors.
- Act as back up to our First Impression Pastor when needed.
Partner with Operations/Security Department Head for Guests and visitors of our Senior Pastors.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.