Redemption Kids Early Childhood Coordinator
Position: Redemption Kids Early Childhood Coordinator
Report To: Early Childhood Department Head
Hours: 29 hours per week
To provide oversight of the Early Childhood Department Leads and help coordinate needs and maintain culture and safety of Early Childhood department.
- Submitted and committed to the vision of Redemption.
- Good organizational and communication skills; attention to details; able to handle information with confidentiality.
- Ability to relate well with pastoral staff, ministry leaders, co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and members.
- Great attitude and willing to be flexible in the midst of change
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the REDEMPTION employee handbook;
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of REDEMPTION and the Redemption Kids Department
- Strive to display professionalism and moral conduct becoming of a church environment.
- Support Dept Head in curriculum development and preparation for Redemption Kids Live and iKids while maintaining the culture, vision, goals, and values of Redemption Kids.
- Assists Dept Head in creation and development of Redemption Kids Live experience and the iKids online experience.
- Assists Dept Head with personal development/growth of Leads
- Helps coordinate and effectively communicate needs for department with a solution minded perspective. Always be willing to problem solve and present solutions with the problems you are addressing.
- Assists Dept Head in giving direction for weekly classroom curriculum and activities to leads and volunteers
- Assists Dept Head with onboarding process of new volunteers
- Effectively communicate to leads when a new volunteer will be joining their team.
- Communicate directly with new volunteers throughout their entire onboarding process to ensure all questions are answered and they are properly trained and prepared for the area they will be serving in.
- Oversees new volunteers on day of in-person training to ensure they receive all necessary documents and materials such as t-shirts, welcome bags, and handbooks.
- Assists new volunteers with Check-In process on first day of serving to ensure they are properly entered into the system and correctly identified in the classroom.
- Communicate with parents and new families about department specific questions.
- Attend and assist team with special events and intiatives the Redemption Kids department is involved in.
- Willing to step in to support leadership and cross functional teams when needed.
- Attend required staff meetings during the week and assist with preparation of supplies and curriculum materials throughout the week as needed.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.