Redemption Kids Sunday Support Aides
Position: Redemption Kids Sunday Support Aides
Report To: Elementary Department Head
Hours: 3-6 hours per week on Sunday’s
To provide safe, dependable, secure, engaging and nurturing care to elementary aged children of Redemption Staff.
- Submitted and committed to the vision and doctrine of Redemption.
- Good organizational and communication skills; attention to details; able to handle information with confidentiality.
- Ability to relate well with pastoral staff, ministry leaders, co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and members.
- Great attitude and willing to be flexible in the midst of change
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the REDEMPTION employee handbook;
- Take shared responsibility for accomplishing the vision of REDEMPTION and the Redemption Kids Department
- Strive to display professionalism and moral conduct becoming of a church environment.
- Create a welcoming, safe and fun environment for kids to build relationship with God and others, discover their purpose and learn to walk in Kingdom identity.
- Arrive on time.
- Implement activities and opportunities that encourage student’s curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving.
- Provide the children with age-appropriate activities that promote physical, intellectual, and social growth.
- Establish positive and ongoing communication with children and staff.
- Be willing to receive instruction on the implementation of Weekly Lesson plans from Director, Dept Head, and Leads on how these will be fulfilled.
- Care for infants, toddlers preschool and Elementary aged children in an age appropriate way which includes but is not limited to feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the restroom, maintaining a safe environment, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, worship, Bible Lessons, play and prayer.
- Implement current Health Standards Policy.
- Maintain Clean Environment for children.
- Be a problem solver and take initiative within the classroom to ensure lesson plans and schedules are carried out.
- Have exceptional communication, teaching and interpersonal skills.
- Have a joyful demeanor and attitude with staff, children and families.
- Follow health and safety protocol, complete Incident/Accident Report and submit to proper authorities in accordance with Redemption policy.
- Attend all special events and assist when needed.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.