Position: Security Officer
Report To: Security Lead/Risk Management Director
Classifications: Part-time, approximately 24 hours per week
Hours: Fridays 9:00am to 9:00pm, Saturdays 9:00am to 9:00pm
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property by reporting safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing to the Security Director and Senior Leadership.
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both employees, vendors, and guests
- Greet guests and employees in a professional, welcoming manner and answer any questions they might have
- May be required to work multiple locations: covering special projects.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; and at least 18 years of age
- Eligible to acquire a Valid Guard Card
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and be able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions, and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
Physical/Mental Requirements And Working Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Will be required to climb stairs.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.