Staff Childcare Early Childhood Support Aide
Position: Staff Childcare Early Childhood Support Aide
Report To: Early Childhood Department Head
Hours: 20+ hours, Mon-Thurs, Sundays,Special Events, As needed To Be Announced
To provide safe, dependable, secure, engaging and nurturing care to Staff children aged baby to 5 years old in support of the Lead Staff Childcare associate.
- Walk in a daily relationship with the Lord and be Christ-like at all times.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the Redemption employee handbook.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Arrive on time.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care for each age.
- Plan and implement activities and opportunities that encourage student’s curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving.
- Provide the children with age-appropriate activities that promote physical, intellectual, and social growth.
- Plan and prepare classroom setting.
- For babies: that includes feeding, changing diapers, escorting children to the restroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
- For preschool: supporting schedule provided and assisting to provide best environment for children through storytime, playtime, quiet time etc.
- Establish positive and ongoing communication with parents.
- Partnering with any Lead staff Childcare associate and any other staff childcare support to develop weekly lesson plans and communicate and plan how these will be fulfilled.
- Assist in observing , assessing, recording , and identifying the needs of each child and plan for the child’s growth.
- Write children’s assessments and give parents daily reports.
- Weekly Report to Lead Staff Childcare Associate
- Implement current Health Standards Policy.
- Maintain Clean Environment for children.
- Be a problem solver and take initiative within the classroom to ensure lesson plans and schedules are carried out.
- Have exceptional communication, teaching and interpersonal skills.
- Have a joyful demeanor and attitude with Staff and children.
- Follow health and safety protocol, complete Incident/Accident Report and submit to proper authorities in accordance with Redemption policy
- Help on Sundays in Children’s Ministry as needed.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.