Elementary Support Aide
Position: Elementary Support Aide
Report To: Elementary Department Head
Classifications: Part-time (20+ Hours)
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00-5:00. Sundays twice a month dependent on Ministry needs, Required Special Event as per Organization Policy
To provide safe, dependable, secure, engaging and nurturing care to Staff Elementary aged children
- Submitted and committed to the vision of Redemption.
- Good organizational and communication skills; attention to details; able to handle information with confidentiality.
- Ability to relate well with pastoral staff, ministry leaders, co-workers, volunteers, visitors, and members.
- Great attitude and willing to be flexible in the midst of change
- Walk in a daily relationship with the Lord and be Christ-like at all times.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the Redemption employee handbook.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Arrive on time.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care for each age.
- Plan and implement activities and opportunities that encourage student’s curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving.
- Provide the children with age-appropriate activities that promote physical, intellectual, and social growth.
- Plan and prepare classroom setting.
- Establish positive and ongoing communication with children and staff.
- Partnering with Elementary Department Head any other staff childcare support to develop weekly lesson plans and communicate and plan how these will be fulfilled.
- Assist in observing, assessing, recording, and identifying the needs of each child and plan for the child’s growth.
- Write children’s assessments and give parents daily reports.
- Implement current Health Standards Policy.
- Maintain Clean Environment for children.
- Be a problem solver and take initiative within the classroom to ensure lesson plans and schedules are carried out.
- Have exceptional communication, teaching and interpersonal skills.
- Have a joyful demeanor and attitude with Staff, children and families.
- Follow health and safety protocol, complete Incident/Accident Report and submit to proper authorities in accordance with Redemption policy
- Help on Sundays in Children’s Ministry as needed.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts and working conditions associated with this position. It does however reflect the principal job elements of this position. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.